- Failure to offer financing – specifically low payments.
- You did not speak about benefits, you spoke about features.
- Failure to ask the customer what they want the product to do.
- Failure to address objections.
- Failure to identify the customer’ behavioral preferences and adjust accordingly.
- You did most of the talking. You should do 15% of the talking and 85% of the listening.
- Failure to begin the presentation with a powerful and attention grabbing claim or statement.
- You did not use proper vocabulary. See HVAC Grammar School.
- You focused on the price of the system and not the value the system brings to the customer.
- Failure to understand what we actually offer the customer. Hint: It’ not heating and cooling.
- Are 60% of the jobs you sell basic equipment such as 10 SEER and 80?
- Is your gross profit margin less than 40%?
- Is your closure rate below 50%?
- When asked why they selected your company for their installation or replacement, do you often hear the word “price”?
If you answered yes to two or more of these questions, then you are most likely a bidder.
©2000 MrHVAC.com, All Rights Reserved. You may duplicate this document provided the copyright notice stays intact and the document is not redistributed or offered for sale.